Content

WHERE'S THE CATCH??

Friday, April 10, 2009


I saw this man from a distance. A quite distance actually (I used 200mm lens to take this picture, mind you). Nothing special about him. Nothing extraordinary, but yet he drew my attention. He, on the other hand, did not even realize that someone, on a so-called tourist boat, was paying a great attention to him.

It might be the irony that drew my attention to him. I was there [at the same place as he was], with those I love, eating fancy foods (as locals call it), carrying fancy stuffs and, of course, spending a few bucks to have a good time. He, in contrary, was there to make a few bucks (which I believe much lesser than I spent there), to make a living.

Every so often he checked his fishing net just to find NOTHING was there. The heat from the sun made my head throbbing, the humidity made it even worse. How could this man 'survive' this?

By the time I left (the sun almost set), he was still there, frequently checking his fishing net, just to find... NOTHING in it. Did he go home empty handed? I don't know, but I hope not.

ARCHIVE

SEARCH

CATEGORY