Content

MOUNTAIN

Wednesday, November 23, 2011


The one-minute writer's today prompt: MOUNTAIN

Back then, when I was little, it took us 8 straight hours by train to go to the above place where my (late) grandparents lived. As a kid, 8 hours was like forever. But as soon as I set my foot on this land, the trainlag vanished. The cool breeze, the fresh smell of fertile green grass and the sound of crickets just wiped my weariness from the long ride.

From the train station, a horse carriage took us to my grandparents' residence and when I got there I spent hours on the porch just to enjoy the view right in front of me. The green rice fields, the mountains, the birds flying, the occassional water buffalos eating grass, the ducks, the sound of the water running from a tiny creek and the fog that slowly covered the mountain in the evening. The local people would wave "hi" to me when they were passing by, even when they didn't know me. For a city girl like me, these were all luxurious things that I would cherish, forever.


ARCHIVE

SEARCH

CATEGORY