Content

TROUBLED SEAGULL

Monday, August 27, 2007







We saw this seagull kept shaking her head as though trying to get something off her beak. We couldn't tell what it was from such a distance, but we sensed the little birdie was in trouble. We tried to help, but [of course], being a bird, she flew away once we approached. She never let us come near her, let alone touch her.

A few seconds later when she landed on a rock reasonably close to where we were, I found my 300mm lens come in handy, so I took a shot [or two] of her, especially aimed her beak. Later that day, at home, I checked on my computer of what had been captured by my camera and found it was a fishing lure that was hooked to the seagull's beak. It really looked hurtful to her.

Poor little bird, I just wish she let us help her! But hopefully she would be able to get it off her beak without hurting herself even more.

ARCHIVE

SEARCH

CATEGORY